St Mark’s has its own chapel and a chaplain who lives on site.
The bluestone building now known as the Chapel was originally the stables and coach house for Downer House. When the College opened in 1925, the building was used as a gymnasium and later it became the College library.
The Chapel is used today for voluntary services and discussion groups as well as a place for quiet reflection and personal prayer. The granite altar was quarried at Black Hill, near Cambrai in South Australia.
The Chapel is also used as a music and choir practice space.
Students are encouraged to embrace their personal spiritual growth in whatever way is meaningful to them. People of all faiths or no faith are welcome at St Mark’s.