The blue-stone building now known as the Chapel was originally the stables and coach house for Downer House. When the College began in 1925 the building was used as a gymnasium and later it became the College library. There is a huge granite altar that was quarried at Black Hill, near Cambrai in South Australia. The Chapel is used today for voluntary services and discussion groups as well as a place for quiet reflection and personal prayer. It is also used by musicians as a music practice space and for choir practice.
Keep up to date with events at College and student news.
Cultural renewal at St Mark’s College and an eye to the future for university residential colleges and halls
Presentation by the Master, Ms Rose Alwyn and immediate Past President of University Colleges Australia...
Fourth year Exercise Physiology student Kirra Dyer was recently presented with two scholarships at the...
We'd love to hear from you
For accommodation or function enquiries, or to arrange a personal tour of the College, please make contact!